- B.Sc (Geography)- Periyar E.V.R College (Auto), Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu
- M.Sc (Applied Geography)- Govt. College (Auto), Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu.
- M.Phil (Micro Level Planning)-Gandhigram Rural Institute, Tamilnadu
- Project Associate at Centre for Centre for Geographic Information Technologies- 3.8 Years
- Lecturer at Rural Technology Centre, B.Tech Civil, Gandhigram Rural Institute, for 8 Months
- Technical Head-Geospatial Division at Centre for Advance Remote Sensing & Environmental Studies for 11 Months
- Technical Lead-GIS at UL Technology Solution Pvt. Ltd. for 7.7 years
- Remote Sensing , GIS and GPS
- ARCGIS, Leica Photogrammetry Suite , DGPS, Photoshop, Python, SQL & DBMS, Microsoft Access, dBASE and LibreOffice Base, UMD, Visio software, QGIS, IGIS, Project Management Tools ( JIRA and Trello), Arc PAD 6.0.3, AutoCAD Map, Erdas Imagine 2011
- 2019: “GIS based Local Self Govt. portal - A new approach for sustainable development and Planning” for Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakumal -682022. Mobile: 9895888599. This paper was nominated for the best paper award from CUSAT 2019 Excellence awards has been shortlisted for consideration by the panel of judges.
- 2018: Certification of Appreciation as a Guest faculty delivered lecture on Geospatial Technology for varies Departments for IIIC, Chavara, Kollam -691 583. Mobile: 9188524841
- 2016: “Micro Level Agricultural Information System (MAIS) Using GIS” a research paper Published in Geospatial World Weekly 6 May 2013, held at India. This paper was nominated for the GEOSPATIAL WORLD 2016 AWARD Excellence Awards has been shortlisted for consideration by the panel of judges. Project ID is 9001.
- 2015: Invited for a guest lecture on “Remote Sensing: Overview” during the National Workshop on Recent Trends in Geospatial Technology organized by Dept. of Civil En
- My research addresses health, social, transport, economic, and environmental issues in urban areas through the application of innovative GIS methods.
- Mapping and analysis of social and spatial inequalities in access to local government agencies.
- I am also interested in studying how specific characteristics of the social and physical environment affect the well-being and behavior of different social groups (e.g., health behaviors and outcomes, access to jobs, social isolation, residential segregation, environmental justice, and spatial mobility.
- As well as this field-based research, our group has many projects collaborating with colleagues in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- I have several projects working on river processes on the Anjarakandi and Mahi River
- Life Member of The International Geospatial Society
- Presented a paper entitled “GIS based Local Self Govt. portal - A new approach for sustainable development and Planning” for Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ernakumal -682022.
- Jake J Jacob, Govindaraj R, Jismol, Narendranath Mandal
- ”Micro Level Agricultural Information System (MAIS) Using GIS” a research paper Published in Geospatial World Weekly 6 May 2013, held at India.
- R.Govindaraj, Vibin Dhas & Arunkumar N
- “Electricity Distribution using Geospatial Technology for Kumarapuram Town, Trivandrum District”, Kerala. (ISSN 2250-0065) International Journal of Environment, Ecology, Family and Urban Studies (IJEEFUS). Vol. 3, Issue 1, Mar 2013, 71-78 S.Govindaraj & Nishchay Nailwal
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Landuse Change Detection Using Remote Sensing and GIS – A Case Study in Dindigul Block’ in the International Conference on Earth Science and Engineering (ICEEE 2010), Hyderabad held on August 21, 2010. Prof. Mahindran GRI & R. Govindaraj
- Presented a paper entitled “Identification of Unserved Hamlets for Primary Schools in Tiruchirapalli District Using GIS” in the National seminar on “HYDROCARE 2007”, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Annamalai University, Chithambaram held on March 22 & 23 2007. Prof. Dr. Vasudevan, Rajeshkanna, Sivanadaraj & R. Govindaraj